DIY Coconut Tangerine Sugar Scrub
I LOVE SUMMER!!!!! This Tangerine Young Living essential oil aroma immediately reminded me of summertime. I knew that mixing it with coconut oil to create a sugar scrub would smell AMAZING. This scrub reminds me of the tropics and it makes me crave sunshine and beaches………maybe even an umbrella drink. It’s that good 🙂
1 cup coconut oil
- 1-2 cups organic sugar
- 6-8 drops tangerine Young Living essential oil
- 1 tangerine (optional)
- a few drops of orange soap colorant (optional)
- Combine coconut oil, essential oil, and soap colorant together. Add 1-2 cups of sugar until you find the consistency you prefer. The more sugar used the coarser the scrub will become. Grate tangerine peel into sugar scrub and mix well.
- Store in airtight container.
- Using a spoon, scoop the mix into your 4oz ball jars and label!
BTW-You can make a basic scrub using only coconut oil, sugar, and essential oil. It’s totally optional to use the rind of a tangerine and a soap colorant to dye the sugar scrub. I don’t always use soap colorants but this time around I wanted it to have the orange color in the scrub. Again, this is for appearance only and could be left out.
Enjoy & get to scrubbing!