Do you want to make a light and creamy body butter that is natural and organic? Here is a great recipe to try out & I know you will not be disappointed! I’m leaving for Florida in three days so I’ve really got the sun, sand and surf on my mind. I wanted to make a body butter to take with me on my trip that would be ultra moisturizing and smell fantastic…..I started thinking about citrus combos immediately. Then I remembered that in my last months #EssentialRewards purchase from #YoungLiving I got jasmine essential oil to try out. So I ended up mixing my all-time favorite tangerine & jasmine essential oils to the mix! The result is pure heaven 🙂
There is nothing more luxurious than homemade bath and body products that are so fresh, natural and organic. This tangerine and jasmine body butter is delicious! I had a hard time not wanting to scoop it right into my mouth. . . though I am sure it feels and smells better than it actually tastes. It is a base of two butters and two oils which when melted, chilled and whipped together make this smooth and silky cream. It is on that last step of whipping that you will add your essential oils for the final fragrance. I love citrus mixed with jasmine for a soothing yet energetic finish. Of course you can choose your favorite essential oils. I hope you enjoy this recipe!!
- 1/2 cup each of organic
- • cocoa butter
- • shea butter
- • coconut oil
- • jojoba oil
- 12-15 drops of Jasmine & Tangerine essential oils (I use this kind)
- Add cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil and olive oil into a double boiler. If you do not have one, use a glass or metal bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Heat until melted, mixing with whisk. Remove whisk and put mixture into fridge for one hour or until firm.
- With hand mixer, whip oils until creamy and light. Add essential oils and mix again.
- Spoon your body butter into glass jars. Mixture may seem a bit moist after whipping but will firm up after a few minutes.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups of whipped body butter.
Enjoy & moisturize!!!