Foaming Hand Soap
So listen up…….I decided about 8 months ago to ditch the Bath & Body Works, and all the other fun, smelly and perfectly packaged hand soaps! It was SO HARD because I’m a product junkie. And we like to buy our fancy, store bought products right? WELL have you taken the time to read the labels and research a little about what your putting on your body? Your skin is the biggest surface area and your really contaminating yourself every time you put on that pumpkin spice body soap or lotion.
When I first started using Young Living essential oils I was overwhelmed…..where would I start with making my own products. Then I just started replacing one product in my bath and beauty routine. It was easy and I felt this sense of accomplishment like I was checking things off my list. I have been doing replacement buying with the oils……meaning I’m actually saving $$$ using my oils to make #chemicalfree products I used to pay big bucks for at Macy’s and Target. AND I’m getting better results 🙂
- A Foaming Soap Dispenser (Amazon Prime-you must get a membership for your DIY stuff)
- 2 Tbs. of Dr. Bronners Soap (Target, Amazon or any health food store)
- Distilled Water
- 1 tsp. of Almond Oil
- 8 drops of Young Living essential oils
- Fill the soap dispenser with water about 3/4 of the way
- Add the soap and almond oil
- Add 8 drops of any essential oil
- Add more water to fill bottle
My favorite blends:
- Thieves with the peppermint Dr. Bronners Soap
- Lavender and Tea Tree with unscented Dr. Bronners Soap
- Orange and Lemon with unscented Dr. Bronners Soap
- Peace & Calming II with unscented Dr. Bronners Soap
This is so easy & makes great gifts too-ENJOY!!!
Can you believe that August is almost over?? This summer has flown by but I’m not ready to let it go just yet……we still have about 4 weeks left of our #MittenSummer and I’m making the most of it. This recipe is perfect for any party or gathering and it’s healthy and refreshing.
This Lemonade is amazing! Its so refreshing-perfect for boating or camping the #Mitten
- 1 1/3 cup of Fresh Squeezed Lemons
- 8 cups Water + 3/4 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Raw Cane Sugar
- 3 Drops of YL Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 Drops of YL Lemon Essential Oil
- 1st put the sugar and 3/4 cup of water in a small sauce pan and warm over medium heat till the sugar is dissolved
- Set aside and let cool
- Squeeze the lemons and add to a GLASS pitcher then add the water
- Once the sugar water is cooled add the Essential oils to it
- Stir then add to the lemon water
- Serve over ice and ENJOY!!!
Can be stored in the fridge for 4 to 5 days
I don’t know about you, but #Mitten summers can get pretty humid and HOT! A good deodorant can become your best friend meaning it goes everywhere with you. And a natural antiperspirant? Even better. I’m not saying that this will keep you from sweating, but the arrowroot powder does help. The baking soda neutralizes any odor and lasts all day long. Best of all, it’s much more solid at room temp than other homemade deodorants. You don’t need to keep it in the fridge all the time. After many trials and errors, this is the best recipe I’ve come up with for a GOOD, SOLID deodorant that lasts all day. I hope you LOVE it as much as I do!!
- Empty deodorant container
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 TBSP beeswax
- 2 TBSP baking soda
- 2 TBSP arrowroot
- 1/8 tsp tea tree essential oil
- 1/8 tsp lavender essential oil
*All of my supplies were ordered on Amazon.com with my prime membership!!
- Melt beeswax and coconut oil in a pan or double boiler over low heat.
- Whisk in the baking soda and arrowroot powder.
- Remove pan from heat, and stir in essential oils.
- Add more if it isn’t fragrant enough for you.
- Pour into deodorant container.
- Leave uncapped for 24 hours or until cool. Then cap 🙂
Seriously ENJOY-I’m in love with this recipe!!