I don’t know about you, but #Mitten summers can get pretty humid and HOT! A good deodorant can become your best friend meaning it goes everywhere with you. And a natural antiperspirant? Even better. I’m not saying that this will keep you from sweating, but the arrowroot powder does help. The baking soda neutralizes any odor and lasts all day long. Best of all, it’s much more solid at room temp than other homemade deodorants. You don’t need to keep it in the fridge all the time. After many trials and errors, this is the best recipe I’ve come up with for a GOOD, SOLID deodorant that lasts all day. I hope you LOVE it as much as I do!!
- Empty deodorant container
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 TBSP beeswax
- 2 TBSP baking soda
- 2 TBSP arrowroot
- 1/8 tsp tea tree essential oil
- 1/8 tsp lavender essential oil
*All of my supplies were ordered on Amazon.com with my prime membership!!
- Melt beeswax and coconut oil in a pan or double boiler over low heat.
- Whisk in the baking soda and arrowroot powder.
- Remove pan from heat, and stir in essential oils.
- Add more if it isn’t fragrant enough for you.
- Pour into deodorant container.
- Leave uncapped for 24 hours or until cool. Then cap 🙂
Seriously ENJOY-I’m in love with this recipe!!