So I’ve been making stuff with my essential oils for about a year now…….I’ve made creams, deodorant, shower soothers, lotion bars and lots of other chemical-free yummy stuff! I finally perfected my BATH BOMB recipe!! I’m excited because I’ve been experimenting for awhile and things were just coming up short either they weren’t fizzy enough, or not bright enough colored, not scented enough, etc. BUT now I’m posting a recipe that really works and is easy. It may still take a few tries for you get it down but you will & then you can make your own #Lush inspired bath bombs 🙂
Just an FYI if you like the Karma scented bath bomb from Lush then use these oils to scent your bath bombs:
A few other favorites are:
- Stress Away (Young Living blend)
- 2 cup baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- 5 tbs almond oil (or apricot kernal)
- 30 drops of your favorite Young Living essential oils
- 1 tbs water
- mica powder to color
- **optional** non-toxic glitter
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients, then mix into the dry. Mix quickly as you pour the wet ingredients in as the water will start to react. Make sure to mix very well.
- If using glitter, sprinkle some in the molds, then promptly scoop in the mixture and press down.
- Let them sit in the molds and dry for at least 24 hours.
- You can leave out if using within a few days, but it is best to store bath bombs in air tight packaging long term, so they will hold their scent well.