Finally making lip balms with amazing ingredients 😎✌️
*lavender essential oil
*peppermint essential oil
#wellness #lipbalm #diy #crafty #chemicalfree #natural #essentialoils #youngliving
Step #1: In a small pot over medium low heat melt beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter, and avocado oil. Use spoon or other small, long stick to stir.
Step #2: Remove from heat and add lavender and peppermint oils. Whisk well and try to distribute oil throughout the mixture – this is tricky
Step #3: Pour quickly into lip balm tubes. My handy, dandy holder makes things MUCH easier! Purchased on Amazon.com. Let cool on counter till hard.
I love to make my own personal care products! Because when I make my own I know exactly what goes into them. Homemade lip balm was one of the first DIY products I wanted to make after I got my Premium Starter Kit. The Thieves essential oil blend is a powerhouse immunity booster and it’s a staple in my home. I wanted to make a lip balm out of it for the winter months ahead! Click here to learn more about how great Thieves is 🙂
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp shea butter
- 5 tsp beeswax
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Apricot Seed Oil
- essential oils (add 20-30 drops, depending on the strength you like)
- lip balm tubes
- In a double boiler over low heat melt the coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax
- Remove from heat and add honey, apricot seed oil and essential oils
- Whisk together, but act quickly so it does not begin to harden
- Pour the mixture into lip balm tubes or small canisters (to make it easier, I use pippettes to fill the lip balm tubes)
- Let them cool until hard
- Cap and label
- Store unused tubes in the fridge and they will last a long time
- Makes approximately 30 tubes
This would be a great balm for other medicinal purposes, too. It would be a great balm for our kiddos’ feet in flu season. I like to put Thieves blends on my neck and chest area to help me breathe better at night, too. This helps especially if you have a cough or cold. And it stays on forever!
Alex & I have had a total blast in the sun the last few days. Our shoulders and backs got a little bit pink, so I gave them a quick spray with this diluted blend of essential oils. They had no discomfort and it faded fast. Bonus – smells amazing! It can be kept in the fridge to make it extra soothing.
This blend contains Lavender, Frankincense, Geranium and Peppermint. These essential oils are great for calming, cooling, and soothing skin, but can be used for many other things as well.
Essential Oil After Sun Spray Recipe:
4 oz glass spray bottle
10 drops Lavender
10 drops Frankincense
5 drops Geranium
3 drops Peppermint
1 tablespoon Aloe Vera Gel
Top with FCO (Fractionated Coconut Oil). Shake and spray as needed!
Have a friend who lives to play hard in the sun? Feel free to tag them!
BREATHE EASY YA’LL
Made my natural, chemical-free Vapor Rub last night using only 2 ingredients! Coconut oil and RC blend essential oil by Young Living 😎✌
RC is a combo of Eucalyptus Globulus, Myrtle, Marjoram, Pine, Eucalyptus Radiata, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Lavender, Cypress, Black Spruce and Peppermint essential oils!!!!! Holy smokes it’s a power house and all natural!
#peaceloveeo #youngliving #essentialoils #naturalremedies #chemicalfree #vaporrub #diy #mittenmindset
I like to keep this stocked in my cabinet using Young Living essential oils. I find it great to use on my families chests and backs when needed to support our wellness.
I make sure I have this recipe which uses Eucalyptus oils and blends and our homemade vapor rub on hand all year long. I often use this rub on our chest and back and the vapor rub on our feet.
I like to make this with RC Essential Oil blend……. RC is a blend of Eucalyptus Globulus, Eucalyptus Radiata, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Myrtle, Spruce, Peppermint, Pine, Lavender, Marjoram and Cypress. It has a very invigorating aroma, creates a spa like atmosphere and contains the naturally occurring constituent limonene (google it!).
This is SUPER easy to make and you will love it!! Make a good size batch so you are sure to have it on hand!
A few other favorites are:
- Stress Away (Young Living blend)
- 2 cup baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- 5 tbs almond oil (or apricot kernal)
- 30 drops of your favorite Young Living essential oils
- 1 tbs water
- mica powder to color
- **optional** non-toxic glitter
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients, then mix into the dry. Mix quickly as you pour the wet ingredients in as the water will start to react. Make sure to mix very well.
- If using glitter, sprinkle some in the molds, then promptly scoop in the mixture and press down.
- Let them sit in the molds and dry for at least 24 hours.
- You can leave out if using within a few days, but it is best to store bath bombs in air tight packaging long term, so they will hold their scent well.
So I woke up this morning and my throat felt like someone stabbed it with a knife……then I took a deep breath in and my chest felt heavy. Ahhhh the joys of living through the four seasons in the Mitten 🙂 I’m not sure if its allergies or what but I am a BUSY working mom and nobody’s got time for this crap! Last winter when I first fell in love with these little wonder bottles of essential oils-I discovered adding a drop of lemon & thieves blend oils to my green tea.
AMAZING results! Sore throat…..gone! Congestion…….breaking up! Energy………coming back!
Starting to feel a bit under the weather…. Slightly congested? READ BELOW:
This is my go-to-combo:
Green tea 1 cup
Honey 1 tablespoon
Lemon essential oil 1 drop
Thieves blend 1 drop
#youngliving #healthymama #thieves #naturalremedies #essentialoils #diy
Cheers to Good Health!
LOVE my Orb Diffuser by #youngliving it’s in my office and a huge hit!! Today it’s the Snickerdoodle blend:
6 Drops Stress Away
3 Drops Cinnamon Bark
2 Drops Nutmeg
It’s the perfect Fall sweet blend that your craving and it’s #chemicalfree 😎✌
#peaceloveeo #essentialoils #aromatherapy #workingmom #oilyfamilies #revolutionoils #mittenmindset
This is a DIY lemon & honey sugar scrub to keep your skin glowingly happy! It’s a great exfoliate for dry skin and has lots of moisturizing power built in with coconut oil.
It is ideal for mature skin and will also help fade age spots and sun spots.
The lemon oil is known for its clarifying and cleansing properties.
You can use it on your hands, body or face.
The organic coconut oil and raw honey will deeply moisturize your skin.
The organic sugar will gently exfoliate dead cells and will leave your skin refreshed.
- 3/4 cup of organic sugar
- 8 drops of lemon essential oil
- 1/2 cup of unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- Mix the organic sugar with the coconut oil and honey
- Add the lemon essential oil
- Use 1 tablespoon of scrub at a time and rub the paste in your palms until loosened
- Gently massage for 3 to 5 minutes on wet skin and rinse with warm water
Your skin will be gently exfoliated and look radiant
Use weekly as a part of your beauty routine 🙂
Try it, your wallet and body will thank you!
We recommend Young Living for the essential oils.
Love these sleepy time roller blends! Filling orders tonight and loving using my washi tape to jazz things up 😎✌
I use these oils and oil blends in mine:
8 drops Lavender
8 drops Cedarwood
6 drops Peace & Calming
6 drops Valor
*Fill the rest with fractionated coconut oil
**Apply to wrists, behind ears and to bottom of feet before bedtime 😎✌
#peaceloveeo #youngliving #essentialoils #mittenmindset #washitape #diy
Foaming Hand Soap
So listen up…….I decided about 8 months ago to ditch the Bath & Body Works, and all the other fun, smelly and perfectly packaged hand soaps! It was SO HARD because I’m a product junkie. And we like to buy our fancy, store bought products right? WELL have you taken the time to read the labels and research a little about what your putting on your body? Your skin is the biggest surface area and your really contaminating yourself every time you put on that pumpkin spice body soap or lotion.
When I first started using Young Living essential oils I was overwhelmed…..where would I start with making my own products. Then I just started replacing one product in my bath and beauty routine. It was easy and I felt this sense of accomplishment like I was checking things off my list. I have been doing replacement buying with the oils……meaning I’m actually saving $$$ using my oils to make #chemicalfree products I used to pay big bucks for at Macy’s and Target. AND I’m getting better results 🙂
- A Foaming Soap Dispenser (Amazon Prime-you must get a membership for your DIY stuff)
- 2 Tbs. of Dr. Bronners Soap (Target, Amazon or any health food store)
- Distilled Water
- 1 tsp. of Almond Oil
- 8 drops of Young Living essential oils
- Fill the soap dispenser with water about 3/4 of the way
- Add the soap and almond oil
- Add 8 drops of any essential oil
- Add more water to fill bottle
My favorite blends:
- Thieves with the peppermint Dr. Bronners Soap
- Lavender and Tea Tree with unscented Dr. Bronners Soap
- Orange and Lemon with unscented Dr. Bronners Soap
- Peace & Calming II with unscented Dr. Bronners Soap
This is so easy & makes great gifts too-ENJOY!!!