- Empty deodorant container
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 TBSP beeswax
- 2 TBSP baking soda
- 2 TBSP arrowroot
- 1/8 tsp tea tree essential oil
- 1/8 tsp lavender essential oil
*All of my supplies were ordered on Amazon.com with my prime membership!!
- Melt beeswax and coconut oil in a pan or double boiler over low heat.
- Whisk in the baking soda and arrowroot powder.
- Remove pan from heat, and stir in essential oils.
- Add more if it isn’t fragrant enough for you.
- Pour into deodorant container.
- Leave uncapped for 24 hours or until cool. Then cap 🙂
DIY Camping Spray
- Purification blend
- Citronella oil
- Peppermint oil
- fractionated coconut oil
- distilled water
- 4 oz glass spray bottle
- Fill your glass bottle with 3 oz of distilled water
- Add 10 drops of each oil
- Add 1 oz of fractionated coconut oil
- Shake up and spray
You will love this recipe 🙂
DIY Beard Balm
- 4 TBS Beeswax
- 4 TBS Shea Butter
- 2 TBS Cocoa Butter
- 2 TBS Jojoba Oil
- 4 tsp Almond Oil
- 10-15 drops Cedarwood Oil
- 10-15 drops Valor Blend Essential Oil
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the essential oil in a heat-safe bowl. Transfer the bowl to a double boiler (or similar setup) over medium heat.
- Melt the ingredients into a smooth liquid, stirring occasionally. It will take a few minutes for all of the beeswax to completely dissolve.
- Add in your essential oils!
- .Carefully pour the mixture into lidded jars….. filling each about ¾ of the way full.
Finish each jar with a label and you’ve got the perfect Father’s Day gift! Rub a small amount between your fingers and smooth over beard and facial hair.
DIY Whipped Sunscreen
1. 2 oz Coconut Oil
2. 20 drops Carrot Seed oil
3. 10 drops Lavender oil
1. Mix coconut oil in bowl till fluffy. Approx. 5 min. You do not need to do this step but I like the way whipped coconut goes on our skin smoother.
2. Mix in 20 drops Carrot Seed oil and mix well.
3. Mix in Lavender oil 8-10 drops to act as a natural skin protectant. And makes it smell WONDERFUL!!
4. Apply before going in the sun and after swimming or sweating. Repeat application a few hours.
Coconut oil will liquefy when left in heat. Try to store in a cool place.
The carrot seed oil has a SPF of 38-40!! Coconut oil has a SPF of 2-8. This means you will have an all natural, chemical free sunscreen with a SPF of 40!
DIY Sleepy Time Cream
This #DIY sleep cream is effective and SUPER easy to make!
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (organic & unrefined)
- 8 drops lavender
- 8 drops valor
- 8 drops cedarwood
- 8 drops peace & calming
- Whip the coconut oil about 5-10 minutes until creamy
- Stir in all Young Living essential oils & whip until combined well
- Store in a glass jar (4 oz) in a cool & dark place
Enjoy & Sweet Dreams!
DIY Tropical Breeze Whipped Body Butter
- 1/2 cup each of organic
- • cocoa butter
- • shea butter
- • coconut oil
- • jojoba oil
- 12-15 drops of Jasmine & Tangerine essential oils (I use this kind)
- Add cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil and olive oil into a double boiler. If you do not have one, use a glass or metal bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Heat until melted, mixing with whisk. Remove whisk and put mixture into fridge for one hour or until firm.
- With hand mixer, whip oils until creamy and light. Add essential oils and mix again.
- Spoon your body butter into glass jars. Mixture may seem a bit moist after whipping but will firm up after a few minutes.
DIY Coconut Tangerine Sugar Scrub
1 cup coconut oil
- 1-2 cups organic sugar
- 6-8 drops tangerine Young Living essential oil
- 1 tangerine (optional)
- a few drops of orange soap colorant (optional)
- Combine coconut oil, essential oil, and soap colorant together. Add 1-2 cups of sugar until you find the consistency you prefer. The more sugar used the coarser the scrub will become. Grate tangerine peel into sugar scrub and mix well.
- Store in airtight container.
- Using a spoon, scoop the mix into your 4oz ball jars and label!
Enjoy & get to scrubbing!
DIY Margarita Bath Fizz
This is a science experiment type of DIY project!
1/4 Cup of Almond Oil
1 Cup of Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Citric Acid
1-2 Drops of Plant-Based Food Coloring (I use these)
5 Drops of Lemon Young Living Essential Oil
5 Drops of Lime Young Living Essential Oil
3-4 4oz. Ball Jars
*Mix the almond oil and baking soda in a bowl, it should have a dough-like consistency.
*Add citric acid to mix and combine thoroughly. Depending on variables you may have to play around with the amounts a bit to get your dough-like feel. Your mix should be moist enough to stick together but not so much that it sticks to your hands! Add small amount of either baking soda or almond oil to make the mixture either more moist or dry.
*Optional-add a few drops of food coloring of your choice (we added pink because my neice Emma wanted that color)
*Using a spoon, scoop the mix into your 4oz ball jars & make a cute label like I did!
Enjoy & happy fizzing~
DIY Foaming Facial Cleanser
Here is the cleanser I use!
Facial cleanser for acne prone skin:
- 1/3 cup of Dr. Bronner’s baby mild castile soap
- 2/3 cup of distilled water
- 1 TBSP of grape seed oil
- 2 drops of lemon essential oil (from Young Living Essential Oils)
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil (from Young Living Essential Oils)
- 2 drops of melaleuca alternifolia (from Young Living Essential Oils)
Pour the castile soap and grape seed oil into a foaming soap dispenser. Add the essential oils and
mix. Fill the container with filtered water and screw on the top! I recommend using the cleanser
in the morning and in the evening for best results. Enjoy!
Homemade Linen Spray
I use this on all my fabrics!!!! Just like a Febreeze spray minus all the harsh chemicals 🙂
It’s really SO simple. All you do is:
- Add 6 oz of distilled water to a glass bottle (I used an 8 oz size bottle)
- Then add 20 drops of lavender essential oil (or another Young Living oil of choice)
- Mix together and shake before each use.
You can use different oils for this recipe too, but why wouldn’t you do Lavender??! It has so many great benefits and uses and smells incredible. Just remember if you make the linen spray, the darker oils can stain your linens, so I’d stick with the clear, lighter oils. Enjoy!
DIY Lavender Sugar Scrub
I like this recipe because it contains ingredients I always have on hand, plus I can eat everything in it. I use this on my face, which is perpetually dry, and on my arms and legs! Cane sugar is a great exfoliator and it doesn’t clog your pores. Make sure you are using organic cane sugar!!!
Organic unrefined virgin coconut oil has so many benefits for your skin it’s truly wonderful. Coconut oil is extremely moisturizing and has anti-aging properties and may actually help strengthen your skin in addition to removing dead skin cells! Coconut oil is also anti-fungal and antimicrobial.
Raw honey is also a great moisturizer as well as promotes skin clarity. Again please be sure to be using organic, raw honey-only the BEST for your skin and body!
Lavender essential oil is amazing! Pure therapeutic grade lavender (I get mine here) is soothing to the skin, promotes healing and reduces redness. Lavender is also know as the Swiss Army knife of essential oils! It can be used in a thousand different ways! It soothes anything it touches.
1 1/2 cups organic cane sugar
1 cup organic unrefined virgin coconut oil ((This is what I use)
8 Drops Lavender Essential Oil (Get it here ).
Mix it all together and seal in a glass jar.